Parenting Worker – Safeguarding
This vacancy has now closed and is listed for reference only.
Achieving for Children (RBWM)
£28,715 – £32,050 pa
Achieving for Children, Windsor & Maidenhead
37 hours per week.
09/12/2018 at 23:59 PM
We are looking for a Parenting Worker to join our team at a time of exciting and positive change.
As a Parenting Worker for Achieving for Children, you will be responsible for:
- Providing specialist parenting assessments, support and interventions to families open to safeguarding services.
- Key to the role will be providing structured one-to-one sessions with parents using evidence based parenting models.
Working for Achieving for Children, you will have the opportunity to operate at the cutting edge of children’s services delivery. We are an award-winning social enterprise created by Kingston and Richmond Councils in 2014, and responsible for delivering the entirety of both boroughs’ children’s services.
We have been up and running for three years, and in that time we have established a reputation as one of the leading children’s services providers in the country. We are one of the Department for Education’s eight ‘Partners in Practice’, tasked with leading improvement across the sector.
To be a Parenting Worker for AfC, you will be passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of children and young people as well as demonstrating the following points:
- A good standard of written and spoken English.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to relate and engage with children, parents and carers.
- Experience with working with families.
- Approachable and helpful with service users.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced team working to meet deadlines.
- Ability to cope with significant emotional demands relating to the complex nature of the families the post holder will be working with. This will include safeguarding issues, court proceedings, children and young people in care and those who have left care.
- Full driving licence.
In return, we will offer you high quality support and development opportunities. If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Rachael Park-Davies on 01628 685642 for an informal discussion.
Achieving for Children is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to undertake a Criminal Record Check.
Closing date: 9 December 2018
Interviews: w/c 17 December 2018
How to applyPlease click the 'APPLY ONLINE' link below.