This vacancy has now closed and is listed for reference only.
Achieving for Children (RBWM)
£12,280 – £13,983 pa, pro rata
Achieving for Children
18.5 hours per week.
16/09/2018 at 23:59 PM
Achieving for Children is an award-winning social enterprise created by Kingston and Richmond Councils in 2014, expanding into the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead in 2017. We are responsible for delivering the entirety of children’s services in all three local authorities.
Achieving for Children has been up and running for three years, and in that time we have established a reputation as one of the leading children’s services providers in the country. We are one of the Department for Education’s eight ‘Partners in Practice’, tasked with leading improvement across the sector.
We are looking for a part time Family Worker to join our Children and Young People Disability Service (CYPDS) in the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead. We are a multi professional service with the statutory responsibility for education and social care for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and/or a Disability (SEND). We work with those aged 0-25 years who have an Education, Health and Care Plan. We also benefit from close working with health partners.
In addition, the service leads on the provision of the Local Offer, Short Breaks and a specialist holiday play scheme
You will need to demonstrate an excellent knowledge of the SEND landscape and specifically legislation related to disabled children and their families along with highly refined interpersonal skills. The role requires you to develop and maintain mutually productive relationships with colleagues, partners, agencies and most importantly young people and their families.
As a Family Worker for children and young people with SEND, you will:
- Provide high quality responsive services within the statutory responsibilities of Children and Families Act 2014 and the Children Act 1989 and 2004.
- Work in close partnership with families to undertake or be involved in holistic assessments of children and young people aged 0-25 years with special educational needs and/or a disability.
- Undertake direct work with children, young people and their families which will include building family resilience, enhancing learning and development and guidance and support at key points of transition.
To be a Family Worker in the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead, you will be passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of children and young people as well as demonstrating the following points:
- Educated to A Level standard.
- Experience of working with children and young people with SEN/Disabilities and their families.
- Evidence of ongoing professional development in a relevant area.
- Knowledge and understanding of legislation, statutory frameworks and policy affecting services for children, young people and families in relation to SEND.
- A good knowledge of safeguarding legislation related to disabled children, young people and their families.
In return, we will offer you high quality support and development opportunities. If you would like to find out more about this exciting role, please contact Christine Green on 01628 685878 for an informal discussion.
Achieving for Children is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be required to undertake a Criminal Record Check.
Closing date: 16 September 2018
Interviews: 27 September 2018