SEND Co-ordinator – Annual Reviews
Achieving for Children (RBWM)
£32,691 – £36,250 pa
Achieving for Children
37 hours per week.
19/08/2018 at 23:59 PM
Achieving for Children is an award-winning social enterprise created by Kingston and Richmond Councils in 2014, expanding into the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead in 2017. We are responsible for delivering the entirety of children’s services in all three local authorities.
Achieving for Children has been up and running for three years, and in that time we have established a reputation as one of the leading children’s services providers in the country. We are one of the Department for Education’s eight ‘Partners in Practice’, tasked with leading improvement across the sector.
We are looking for a SEND Co-ordinator – Annual Reviews to join our Children and Young People Disability Service (CYPDS) in the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead. We are a multi professional service with the statutory responsibility for education and social care for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and/or a Disability (SEND). We work with those aged 0-25 years who have an Education, Health and Care Plan. We also benefit from close working with health partners.
The service also leads on the provision of the Local Offer, Short Breaks and a specialist holiday play scheme
You will need to demonstrate an excellent knowledge of the SEND landscape and legislation along with highly refined interpersonal skills. The role requires you to develop and maintain mutually productive relationships with colleagues, partners, agencies and most importantly children, young people and their families.
As a SEND Co-ordinator – Annual Reviews you will be responsible for:
- The co-ordination of the annual review cycle of Education,Health and Care Plans (EHC).
- Attending annual reviews as required by the service using existing prioritisation methods.
- Leading on advising CYPDS social care staff when the care aspects of an EHC plan needs reviewing and incorporate this in the cycle.
- Close liaison with all educational settings to advise on best practice around reviews and changing needs.
- Writing/amending plans as required in line with statutory timescales and that are legally compliant with the Children and Families Act 2014 and the SEND Code of Practice.
- Undertaking needs assessments as required.
- Undertaking relevant casework, including supporting work for Tribunal Cases.
To be a SEND Co-ordinator - Annual Reviews you will be passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of children and young people as well as demonstrating the following points:
- Be educated to degree level, with appropriate professional qualification/s.
- Have knowledge and understanding of legislation, statutory frameworks and policy affecting services for children, young people and families in relation to SEND.
- Experience of writing EHC plans.
- Have experience of building and maintaining successful relationships with a range of influencers, including schools.
- Have a high level of determination, personal drive, energy and ambition to achieve challenging targets andimprove outcomes.
- You must have a full, clean driving licence and access to a vehicle for business use.
In return, we will offer you high quality support and development opportunities. If you would like to find out more about this exciting role, please contact Helen Cross, SEND Business Manager or Alison Crossick, Service Leader on 01628 685878 for an informal discussion.
Achieving for Children is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be required to undertake a Criminal Record Check.
Closing date: 19 August 2018
Interviews: 28/29 August 2018