Health Visitor – Bank
This vacancy has now closed and is listed for reference only.
Achieving for Children (RBWM)
£16.94 – £18.78 per hour (plus holiday enhancement)
Achieving for Children
Full Time/Part Time
Hours as needed.
17/06/2018 at 23:59 PM
We are looking for a Bank Health Visitor to join our team at a time of exciting and positive change.
As a Bank Health Visitor for Achieving for Children, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering care for families, children and communities working in partnership with team members and service users on a “bank” basis.
- Providing a proactive, responsive service based on identified health needs whilst leading the delivery of the universal Healthy Child Programme.
- Ensuring effective delegation, work load management and monitoring of care standards.
- Working collaboratively with other health care professionals and agencies ensuring a seamless delivery of services for children and families within the community.
Working for Achieving for Children, you will have the opportunity to operate at the cutting edge of children’s services delivery. We are an award-winning social enterprise created by Kingston and Richmond Councils in 2014, and responsible for delivering the entirety of both boroughs’ children’s services.
We have been up and running for three years, and in that time we have established a reputation as one of the leading children’s services providers in the country. We are one of the Department for Education’s eight ‘Partners in Practice’, tasked with leading improvement across the sector.
To be a Health Visitor for AfC, you will be passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of children and young people as well as demonstrating the following points:
- Current registration as Public Health Nurse (Health Visiting and/or School Nursing) with Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC). Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a community setting, and experience of influencing changes in professional practice.
- Knowledge of Public Health Agenda strategic vision and ability to translate that into practice, through excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with a varied audience.
In return, we will offer you high quality support and development opportunities. If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Jo McDonnell on 07768 022591 for an informal discussion.
Achieving for Children is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All candidates will be required to undertake a Criminal Record Check.
Closing date: 17 June 2018
Interview date: w/c 25 June 2018