Family Support Workers – Safeguarding
This vacancy has now closed and is listed for reference only.
Achieving for Children
£21,262 – £23,788 pa
Achieving for Children
Full Time/Part Time
Variable • Permament and maternity cover.
20/05/2018 at 23:59 PM
Achieving for Children is an award-winning social enterprise created by Kingston and Richmond Councils in 2014, expanding into the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead in 2017. We are responsible for delivering the entirety of children’s services in all three local authorities.
Achieving for Children has been up and running for three years, and in that time we have established a reputation as one of the leading children’s services providers in the country. We are one of the Department for Education’s eight ‘Partners in Practice’, tasked with leading improvement across the sector.
We are looking for full and part time Family Workers to join our team at a time in the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead at a time of exciting and positive change.
As a Safeguarding Family Worker for Achieving for Children, you will be responsible for:
- Developing effective professional relationships with families which:
• empower families
• facilitate understanding
• balance support and challenge
• build trust and mutual respect
• are action and solution-focused.
- Work in partnership with all key agencies and stakeholders to build links to support multi-agency working and delivery. Work collaboratively with other services to improve outcomes for families.
- Make effective use of supervision to reflect on practice and professional development needs and commit to ongoing appropriate training.
- Provide reports and evidence as required, including potentially reports for Court in relation to proceedings to safeguard children.
- Follow best practice around safeguarding having particular regard for statutory guidance on safeguarding children. Follow agreed policies and procedures.
To be Safeguarding Family Worker for AfC, you will be passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of children and young people as well as demonstrating the following points:
- Relevant qualifications in working with children and their families.
- Relevant qualifications in working with children and families and/or evidence of ongoing professional development in a relevant area.
- A good knowledge of safeguarding responsibilities.
- A good knowledge of legislation relating to Children’s Services.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to and engage with children, parents and carers.
- An understanding of the diverse needs of families from a range of backgrounds
- Able to reflect on practice and learn from experience.
- Ability to meet deadlines, using own initiative.
In return, we will offer you high quality support and development opportunities. If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Simmi Rattu on 01628 685895 or email: Simmi.Rattu@achievingforchildren.org.uk for an informal discussion
Achieving for Children is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All candidates will be required to undertake a Criminal Record Check.
Closing date: 20 May 2018
Interview date: 31 May 2018 & 1 June 2018