Assistant Team Manager - Adopt Thames Valley Regional Adoption Agency
This vacancy has now closed and is listed for reference only.
£40,057 - £42,899 pro-rata, per annum (actual salary £20,048 - £21,499 per annum)
Oxfordshire County Council
18.5 hours a week.
08/04/2018 at 23:59 PM
Please note this is not a RBWM role, RBWM are advertising this on behalf of Oxfordshire County Council.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of developing this newly formed Regional Adoption Agency. Adopt Thames Valley (ATV) launched in December 2017 and we are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Assistant Team Manager to join our specialist team providing post-order support to adopters, special guardians and their children, adults affected by adoption, and to birth families.
You will be joining a supportive team of aspirational, creative and committed social workers. The team works on 'the front line' undertaking short-term crisis work and working with placements at risk of disruption. They also undertake longer-term work with a strong preventative and therapeutic focus: group work; training; direct work with children and families and providing therapeutic interventions.
The team includes the ATV Letterbox Services, Birth Relative Support Services and services for Adults Affected by Adoption.
Are you a passionate, qualified social worker with experience of working with children and families in a statutory setting? Are you interested in different ways of working in this field? Would you like to be involved in developing this growing service and supporting other committed and skilled social workers within the service? This post would ideally suit someone wishing to extend their existing skills and knowledge in supporting families and wishing to be part of the strong and committed management team driving a new service forward.
ATV has been formed by from Bracknell, West Berkshire, Windsor and Maidenhead, Wokingham, Reading, Swindon and Oxfordshire. It is hosted by Oxfordshire County Council with offices in Oxford, Woodley (Berks) and Swindon. This role would be based at the Woodley office but some travel to the other offices would be expected.
- To assist the Team Manager(s) in the operational management of the team, ensuring the highest standards of service are provided, within the standing orders and scheme of delegation.
- Direct responsibility for supervising some of the staff team, and to assist the Team Manager(s) with supporting and developing the staff team.
- To share the responsibility for overviewing specific aspects of the team/service, taking a lead role in specific areas.
- To contribute to and share the responsibility for service development, taking a lead role in specific areas.
- To assist the Team Manager(s) in ensuring sound and continually improving practice by practitioners in the team, and in ensuring that services are delivered and developed according to relevant legislation and policy, and Adopt Thames Valley policies procedures and guidance.
- To advocate for the team and for our service users, promoting opportunities for developing awareness and understanding of the needs of adoption and special guardianship CYP and families, adults affected by adoption and birth families.
- This post holder is responsible for ensuring that all County Safeguarding and Child Protection policies are adhered to and concerns are raised in accordance with these policies
- Professional SW Qualification (CQSW, CSW, DipSW, BA, MA or equivalent)
- Relevant post-qualification training
- Current registration with HCPC
- At least 3 years post qualifying experience in social work with children and families (case management responsibility), including experience in working with adoption and/or special guardianship, supporting families and safeguarding and/or crisis work
- Experience of supporting and supervising staff, such as providing consultation/advice, and informal or formal supervision to students and/or colleagues
To request a full Job Description, please contact either Sam Viner or Kate Elliott, Team Managers using the details at the bottom of the advert.
This post is subject to a Criminal Records Check.
Contact details for an informal discussion:
To find out more about the post, and the ATV team, please contact:
- Sam Viner, Team Manager on 01865 323053 or email@example.com
- Kate Elliott, Team Manager on 01865 810202 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 8 April 2018
Interview Date: 17 April 2018
Our Organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We expect all employees, workers and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
As a Disability Confident employer we guarantee an interview for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the job. We also guarantee interviews to care leavers who have completed further education and who meet the essential criteria for the job. For those leaving care without any further education we guarantee an interview for our apprenticeships.
All posts, unless stated otherwise, are open to part time working and job share arrangements.