Royal Windsor Information Centre Manager
This vacancy has now closed and is listed for reference only.
£32,050 – £35,539 pa
Town Hall, St Ives Road, Maidenhead , Berkshire
37 hours per week.
25/02/2018 at 23:59 PM
The Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead’s Visitor Management & Marketing Team is seeking an experienced and highly motivated manager with a strong commercial and customer service background for its visitor information centre in Windsor. The visitor centre is located in the busy Windsor Royal Shopping in the heart of the town and is open 7 days per week, 363 days per year. The team provides an efficient and high quality tourism information, accommodation, attraction and event booking service to visitors, residents and businesses alike.
The role of the Visitor Information Centre Manager will be to:
- Manage the day-to-day running of the Royal Windsor Information Centre ensuring service provision 7 days per week, 363 days per year.
- Be responsible for staffing, recruitment, performance management and training of team members.
- Provide a full range of services expected of the national TIC network as well as meeting the needs of local residents regarding information provision and supporting the borough’s Advantage scheme.
- Devise and implement the VIC business plan ensuring commercial activities drive growth in revenues to meet set targets, developing new services to meet changing visitor demands and growing business relationships with stakeholders, council colleagues and suppliers.
- Develop the Concierge Scheme, growing the number of hotel partners, setting up new products and incentive schemes.
- Manage the accommodation booking service, negotiating contracts, handling group bookings and meeting and event enquiries.
- Be responsible for the financial management of the centre dealing with retail suppliers, stock control, stock ordering and payment of suppliers, invoicing customers, daily income reconciliation and budget monitoring.
- Provide accurate management information in the form of reports and presentations as required by the Visitor Manager.
- Provide front line services to customers as well as via the telephone and email.
- Represent the visitor management team when required at both internal and external meetings and events.
- Regular liaison with industry partners and regional bodies to continually promote and grow tourism within the royal borough.
The council is set in a major tourism area with tourist attractions including Windsor Castle, Legoland and Ascot Racecourse and with the Royal Family on the doorstep, the borough will be playing a major part in the Royal Wedding this year.
If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity please call Julia White on 01753 743918 for an informal discussion.
Closing date: 25 February 2018
Interviews: 5 March 2018