Support Officer (Dementia Care)
This vacancy has now closed and is listed for reference only.
Optalis - RBWM
£20,644 – £22,708 pa
37 hours per week • Fixed-term contract until 31st March 2019.
28/01/2018 at 23:59 PM
This role provides key services to a proactive team and will be a very visible contact point for the Short Term Support and Rehabilitation Team (STS&R), fielding enquiries and raising the profile of the service to all key stakeholders
You will provide support to the Dementia Care Advisors and where required, assist with the delivery of the service in service user homes.
- hold a caseload of service users with Dementia and their carers, providing support and advice
- complete carers assessments and referrals for day centre services
- liaise with internal and external stakeholders to deliver person centred support
- need to maintain accurate and up-to-date records on a referral and service user database
- monitor information to support continuous improvement opportunities.
We are looking for someone who is able to work under pressure and prioritise effectively with a wide range of tasks.
You will need as a minimum a NVQ/QCF Level 2 or equivalent in health and social care and a Dementia qualification and/or training.
A full clean driving licence and daily use of a car is essential for this role.
Optalis is a local authority trading company owned by and delivering adult social care in both The Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead and Wokingham Borough Council.
For an informal discussion or further details of this post please contact Dawn Cannon on 01628 683718 or Jo Hackwood on 01628 683752.
Optalis is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our staff and customers. We would like to remind successful applicants that they will be required to undertake a DBS check and to provide proof of their right to work in the UK.
Closing date: Sunday 28 January 2018